Stella Sanford Preschool is owned and operated by the Crittenton Center and works in collaboration with the Sioux City Community School District’s Preschool Initiative Program.
At Stella Sanford Preschool, children are exposed to many fun and wonderful things. We follow a blend of Creative Curriculum and high Scope. Through play and planned experiences, teachers provide opportunities for children to “take in” the environment around them. We use the high scope Childe Observation Record, to assess and track the growth of our students throughout the school year.
We pride ourselves in offering a quality preschool program. Staff are trained in all areas of developmentally appropriate practices. Our teacher is licensed by the state of Iowa to teach in an early childhood setting. We maintain student to teacher ratios, well within state guidelines.
It is our goal to provide a well rounded experience for every student in our classrooms. We not only teach “the basics”, but also the extras like social/emotional development, self-help skills and conflict resolution. We look forward to having you join our team because only together can we watch our children succeed.
Program Activities Involve:
- use of research based curriculum
- educational screening
- daily classroom lesson plans
- special activities
- vision, hearing and dental screening
- finger printing
Financial Donations Are Accepted And Greatly Appreciated
You can make an impact in other ways also. You may choose to donate one or more items from our “Wish List”.
- boombox style CD/cassette players
- books on tape or CD
- high quality books for our library area
- musical instruments-tambourine, maracas, bells, small bongo drums, rhythm sticks, etc.
- multi-cultural dolls
- multi-cultural dress up clothes
- scarves and/or streamers for music activities
- art supplies-glue sticks, washable paint, paint brushes, play-doh, etc.
- mirror for the dress-up area
- extra clothes- pants, shirts, underwear(size 4T-5T boys and/or girls)
- outdoor storage shed
- small bikes or trikes
- bike helmets
- laptop for teacher use
- good digital camera with memory card and photo printer
- tall dorm fridge
If you have any questions please call Erika at (712) 255-6832, or send a check or money order to:
1724 Geneva Street
Sioux City, IA